The 9th Socially Innovative Global Online Classroom (Online)
13 – 24 Sep 2021, for 2 weeks
SDGs: Social Innovation in your Local Community toward Solving Global Issues
・Circular economy and local supply chain
・Civic pride and local community
|Program Period||June 24, Thur. –
July 21, Wed.
|September 13, Mon. –
September 24, Fri.
June 10, Thur.
|July 20, Tue.
|Estimated Selection Notice||
June 15, Tue.
|July 29, Thur.
*Selection will be made if there are many applicants.
Dear all university students around the world
Why not join the program and learn online with students from all over the world?
As a school selected for the FY 2018 Inter-University Exchange Project of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, Osaka City University (OCU) is implementing a Program to Develop Collaborative Social Innovators that uses Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL).
In this program, OCU offers Socially Innovative Global Classroom (SIGLOC) which is a collaborative educational program with overseas students.
SIGLOC is an intensive program in which students from different countries around the world enter “the field”, share their experiences, exchange opinions from different perspectives, and collaborate to create solutions to social issues.
Since 2020, OCU has conducted entirely online programs entitled SIGLOC-online to provide international education unaffected by COVID-19.
Now we are calling for participants to the 8th and 9th SIGLOC-online.
Please read Application Guidelines for more details.
Join us for the intensive collaborative online educational program with overseas students!
We are looking forward to “meeting” you online!
● SIGLOC-online 2021 will be held from June – July (8th SIGLOC) and in September (9th SIGLOC).
● The program contents are the same. (The 9th SIGLOC is intensive.)
● All participants will participate remotely from their own place during the entire period.
● Collaborative learning with multi-national participants
● Interaction with other participants in every session whether synchronously or asynchronously
● Conferral of a Certificate of Completion to the participants who meet the prescribed requirements
● Undergraduate or graduate students that are currently enrolled in a university except for those in Japan.
● Students that are enrolled in the following Japanese institutions are eligible to apply:
Undergraduate students at Osaka Prefecture University and Osaka Prefecture University College of Technology, and graduate students at Osaka City University and Osaka Prefecture University.
● Those who understand the purpose of this program and are enthusiastic about participating.
● Sufficient English communication ability is required for non-native speakers of English.
● Those who can participate throughout the entire program.
● Those who can prepare a PC [not a mobile phone*] to work / study in this program.
*A mobile phone does not have enough capacity / functions to work collaboratively with other students.
● Those who can use an unlimited Internet network during the program, or those who can use a pre-paid Internet network and bear its cost for the program.
● Those (students) who can obtain approval to list their university’s faculty member or an advisor from their university as a reference.
● A student under the legal age of his / her country (e.g., 20 years old for Japanese students) needs to obtain the consent of his / her parent(s) or legal guardian.
● Those who can sign the agreement form after carefully reading the application form and the application guidelines.
Please fill in the required information and submit the corresponding application form.
Please be sure to use a Gmail address as your email address in the application form.
COIL Promotion Office, Osaka City University, Japan
SIGLOC Website: http://www.coil.osaka-cu.ac.jp/en/training/
We have received various inquiries from students who are interested in this SIGLOC-online program.
Please, check here for frequently asked questions and answers.
SIGLOC-online Introduction Video (by Prof. Nakajima, OCU)
SIGLOC-online Information Session (March 2021)