[Call for Participants] SIGLOC-online (Socially Innovative Global Online Classroom: Online)
[Socially Innovative Global Classroom: Online]
hosted by COIL Promotion Office
Osaka Metropolitan University
SDGs: Social Innovation in your Local Community toward Solving Global Issues
・Circular economy and local supply chain
・Civic pride and local community
Dear all university students around the world
Why not join the program and learn online with students from all over the world?
“SIGLOC-online” is a three-week intensive course, hosted by Osaka Metropolitan University in Japan, in which students from different countries around the world work online, share their experiences, exchange opinions from different perspectives, and collaborate to create solutions to social issues.
All university students around the world are welcome!
The participation fee is free of charge.
This program aims to yield people who are self-motivated, creative problem-solvers that find solutions to issues that involve, but are not limited to, the government, NPOs or corporations in the future.
We are recruiting students to participate in this SIGLOC-online program.
Application for the 14th SIGLOC-online is now open!
Join us for the intensive collaborative online educational program with overseas students!
We are looking forward to “meeting” you online!
● ICT tools for SIGLOC-online: Zoom, Slack and Google Drive
● 100% online (All students/instructors will participate remotely from their own places during the entire period)
● Collaborative and active learning with multi-national participants (students from two countries or more per group)
● Interaction with other participants in every session whether synchronously or asynchronously
● Conferral of a Certificate of Completion to the participants who meet the prescribed requirements
● For the SIGLOC-online, undergraduate or graduate students that are currently enrolled in a university except for those in Japan.
● Those who understand the purpose of this program and are enthusiastic about participating.
● Sufficient English communication ability is required for non-native speakers of English.
● Those who can participate throughout the entire program.
● Those who can make use of a PC [not a mobile phone*] to work / study in this program
*A mobile phone does not have enough capacity / functions to work collaboratively with other students.
● Those who can use an unlimited Internet network during the program, or those who can use a pre-paid Internet network and bear its cost for the program.
● Those (students) who can obtain approval to list their university’s faculty member or an advisor from their university as a reference.
● A student under the legal age of his / her country (e.g., 18 years old for Japanese students) needs to obtain the consent of his / her parent(s) or legal guardian.
● Those who can sign the agreement form after carefully reading the application form and the application guidelines.
*Please read the Application Guidelines carefully before registration.
Step 1: Register your Gmail address
●You need to register your Gmail address which will be used in SIGLOC-online via Gmail Address Registration Form.
Step 2: Receive a Confirmation of Gmail Registration via email
●After registering your Gmail address with the form, you will receive an email to the registered Gmail address, providing the URL of the SIGLOC-online Portal Site where you can proceed to apply for the program.
Step 3: Access the Application Form
●Please access the SIGLOC Portal Site and from your registered Gmail account. You will find the table of the “Application: Active Links”.
Step 4: Submit the Application Form
●Please select the active application link for the SIGLOC-online that you plan to
participate in and fill all the information required in the Application Form.
●The application must include a minimum 150-word self-introduction and a minimum 300-word essay.
●The past SIGLOC-online: The 10th SIGLOC-online Report
●Video letters: Voices from the past SIGLOC program attendees (YouTube)
●SIGLOC Website: http://www.coil.osaka-cu.ac.jp/en/training
As a school selected for the FY 2018 Inter-University Exchange Project of the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, Japan, Osaka Metropolitan University – OMU – (formerly Osaka City University) is implementing a Program to Develop Collaborative Social Innovators that uses Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL).
In this program, OMU offers Socially Innovative Global Classroom (SIGLOC) which is a collaborative educational program with overseas students.
OMU has conducted entirely online programs entitled SIGLOC-online to provide the opportunity of international education unaffected by COVID-19 since March 2020.
●Purpose of the SIGLOC Program:
The purpose of this program is to cultivate social innovators.
Social innovation refers to solving social problems through new products, services and systems. By collaborating with students from other countries, the program will cultivate the ability to “discover issues” and the ability to “find solutions”, and train people who possess the ability to “implement those solutions”.
We have received various inquiries from students who are interested in the SIGLOC-online program.
Please, check HERE for frequently asked questions and answers.
COIL Promotion Office,
Osaka Metropolitan University, Japan
Email: email@example.com [ Inquiry form ]